Lets see Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim in Arabic” Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim the words are called “Tasmiyyah” in the term.
The same designation is mentioned in Surah An-Naml of the Qur’an as part of a verse. In that sense, it is a part of the Qur’an. The Shawfa’i call it a part of Surah Al-Fatihah.
While some scholars accept it as a part of every surah. It is well known that Bismillah is a part of Qur’an. But it is not a part of Surah Al-Fatihah or other Surahs but it is mentioned before each Surah only for distinction. ‘Abdullah Ben’ Abbas said:
The Muslims did not know the difference between the two Surahs. Thus, the revelation of Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim created such a gap that people got to know the beginning or end of each surah and the beginning of the other.
Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim Meaning in English
Ruling on Reciting Bismillah Rahman Rahim in prayers
The fact that Tasmiya is not a part of Surah Al-Fatiha is also evident from the fact that Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) used to start the high recitation in the Jahri prayers with “Alhamdulillah, Lord of the Worlds”. He did not recite the Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim aloud.
It is narrated in Sunan Darmi that First Three Khulafa used to start the high recitation with praise. Further words of Sahih Muslim are that he did not recite Bismillah aloud in both the first and second recitations. In the early days of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) he used to offer the prayers with Bismillah aloud.
The polytheists of Makkah used to make fun of him because they used to call “Muselimah Kadhab” as Rehman and when they heard Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim, they used to taunt that you call people towards “Muselimah Kadhab”, the God of Ahl-e-Yamamah.
Upon this, the Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) Narrated by Ibn Abbas When the verse Bismillah was revealed, Holy Prophet (PBUH) said that Bismillah should not be recited aloud.
Beginning of every work from Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem
It has always been taught in Islamic law that every lawful and prescribed act should be started in the name of God. When Noah prepared the ark according to God’s permission to protect it from the flood and put his companions in it, he recited the words of Bismillah before sailing.
Similarly, Hazrat Sulaiman (as) wrote a preaching letter to Queen Saba. It was started with these blessed words Not the ablution of a person who does not recite Bismillah on it. That doesn’t make sense By not reciting Bismillah, the obligation of ablution becomes defective, but the obligation becomes complete. But with the inclusion of Sunan and Mustahab, one is deprived of the blessings that one gets.
Similarly, every action that is started without Bismillah. It may not be possible to achieve the desired results in worldly terms, but it will not be perfect in terms of its reward. Consider the word of God which is utterly blessed. When it is obligatory to recite Bismillah as a condition even before reciting it, then how necessary it will be to recite Tasmiya before other matters of life. The Prophet’s own practice was based on the same principle.
See More: inna lillahi wa inallah e raji oon
Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim in Arabic Hadith
- Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: “When night falls or you see the darkness of evening spreading, do not let your children out of the house, because at that time the devils are spreading on the earth.
- Then, when the hour has passed, let them go and close the doors after reciting Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim, for Satan has thus closed.
- The door does not open, and after reciting Bismillah, bind your muskies, and cover your utensils by saying Bismillah, and if you do not find anything to cover the utensils, then place something on them diagonally. And turn off your lamps by reciting Bismillah.
- Hazrat Anas ibn Malik narrates that Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said: When man writes a very happy letter Bismillah for the honor of Allah, Allah will forgive him.
- In the service of Hazrat Umar bin Khattab, the King of Rome, Caesar, wrote a letter saying, “I have a constant headache. Please send me some medicine. “Hazrat Omar sent him a hat.
- Whenever he put this hat on his head, his headache would end and when he took off the hat from his head, he would start having headache again. Caesar Rome was astonished and when he searched the hat he found a piece of paper with Bismillah written on it.
- During a battle, the infidels asked Khalid bin Waleed for a sign on the legitimacy of Islam. The infidels had a very dangerous poison. Hazrat Khalid bin Waleed took this poison in his hand and recited Bismillah and drank from it.
- With the blessing of Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim, the poison did not affect you, as a result of which all the Magians who asked for the sign became Muslims.
- Hazrat Bashar Hafi saw Bismillah written on a piece of paper and picked it up and wrapped it in perfume. I saw in a dream at night that Allah Almighty says: “Man! You have made my name fragrant, I will make your name fragrant in this world and in the hereafter.
By reciting Bismillah, the devil is humiliated and disgraced, because Iblis cried so much on three occasions that he never cried like this: The first time Allah Almighty imposed a curse on him. On the occasion of birth of the Prophet And for the third time at the time of the revelation of Surah Al-Fatiha In it, Bismillah Rahman Rahim.
It is Sunnah of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) to recite Bismillah Rahman Rahim before starting any work. Therefore, we Muslims should also follow this Sunnah and get in the habit of reciting Bismillah Hirrahman Nirrahim before doing anything.
By doing this, every moment of our life becomes not only good and worshipful, but we are also free from sins as much as possible, because when we get in the habit of remembering Allah all the time, then the sins are automatically forgiven.