Are you looking for Concept of Test Tube Baby in Islam> So Lets see this article Here you will get complete information about test tube baby, first we know the definition of test tube baby.
What is Test Tube Baby?
Sometimes a woman’s uterine tubes are closed or Reproductive material cannot be matched due to tightness or pregnancy cannot be caused by any disease In this case.
The doctor takes the man’s sperms and the woman’s eggs and mixes them in a tube instead of the woman’s uterus. This is called a “test tube baby“
Concept of Test Tube Baby in Islam
When this process, which was not possible in the woman’s womb, is completed, it is transferred to the mother’s womb to complete the next steps.
It has been decided that this act is done out of compulsion, so it is permissible according to Shari’ah, but with the condition that the sperms and eggs belong to the spouses.
On the other hand, if this union is performed between a couple who are not married to each other, it will be tantamount to adultery and the child to be born will also be haraam.
A test tube baby is a treatment, when a man’s sperm cannot reach a woman’s egg due to a defect or complication in a man or woman, and because of this it is not possible to give birth naturally.
And the male sperm is fertilized in the laboratory, it develops like a normal pregnancy and the baby is born after nine months.
History First Test Tube Baby
- The world’s first test tube baby was born in Britain, people refused to believe it was true, and it was heavily criticized.
- Subhash Makhupadhyay, who gave birth to India’s first test tube baby, got fed up after constant criticism and harassment and eventually committed suicide.
- The world’s third test tube baby was born in Australia.
- Pakistan’s first test tube baby was born when the baby’s father came to the doctor and said that the doctor was reading this news and my father (the baby’s grandfather) was asking that you did not do this haraam thing.
According to a ruling of the Pakistani Shari’ah Court, “If the sperm that causes the birth of a child belongs to his legal father and the egg belongs to his mother, who is the wife of the man concerned, then medical procedure is required.”
If the embryo is placed in the womb of the real mother of the child again after having an artificial pregnancy, then this medical procedure will be religiously lawful and lawful.
When the world’s first test tube baby was born in 1978, Al-Azhar University in Egypt issued a fatwa in 1980 stating that if the eggs used in IVF belonged to the wife and the sperms belonged to the husband, The child to be born will be lawful and in accordance with the law.
Types Of Test Tube Babies
There are seven cases of breeding through test tube baby:
- Husband’s sperm should be delivered to the appropriate place in the womb of his wife through injection etc.
- Husband and his wife’s fertile material should be obtained and reared in a tut for a certain period of time and then transferred to the womb of the same wife.
For childless couples, these two conditions are permissible for the purpose of procreation. Provided that the husband himself performs the transfer from the womb of the wife and if the husband is unfamiliar with the procedure, the lady doctor performs the task.
It is not permissible to get these methods from a male doctor other than the husband (although the children will be halal).
- Husband and wife’s reproductive material should be obtained and their mixture should be transferred to the womb of the same husband’s second wife.
This situation has been declared absolutely illegitimate by some scholars and some scholars have allowed it on the condition that the first wife is not capable of procreation or she cannot bear motherhood.
If the first wife is medically capable of procreation And even if she can afford motherhood, she is not allowed to do so.
- The substances of the husband and a stranger should be mixed together and after their delivery, it should be transferred to the womb of the husband’s wife.
- The sperm of someone other than the husband and the reproductive material of the wife should be nurtured together And let their mixture be transferred to the womb of the husband’s wife.
- By cultivating the sexual substances of husband and wife It should be transferred to the womb of a third stranger.
- A foreign man and a foreign woman should be nurtured together and transferred to his wife’s womb.
These four forms are absolutely forbidden and haraam.