How is Ghusl Performed” Do you want to know what is the method of Ghusl? What is Ghusl in Islam? Then we have written the answer to all your questions.
Ghusl means “pouring of pure water over the whole body in a special way.” In the Holy Qur’an, Allah Almighty said:
How is Ghusl Performed
What is the status of Ghusl being obligatory?
Ghusl is obligatory in the following cases:
- If the semen comes out due to lust, then Ghusl is obligatory, and if it comes out due to hard work, then Ghusl is not obligatory, but Wudu is broken.
- Ghusl is not obligatory if thin semen comes out with urine without sexual intercourse.
- If some marks are found on the clothes after waking up from sleep, there are a few forms of Ghusl on them:
- Ghusl is not wajib if it is certain or probable that it is one of the two types of wadi or mazhi.
- If it is certain that it is not money or mazi, then Ghusl is not wajib
- If it is certain that semen is present but there is doubt about mazi, and if you do not remember having semen in your dream, then Ghusl is not necessary, otherwise it is.
- Ghusl becomes obligatory on men and women after sexual intercourse, regardless of ejaculation or not
- Ghusl is obligatory on a woman after her menstruation.
- Ghusl is obligatory on a woman if she is discharged from Nifaas.
- Ghusl for men and Ghusl for women are same steps
Masnoon and Mustahab way of Ghusl
- Make an intention.
- Begin with Bismillah.
- Wash hands.
- If there is impurity on the body, wash it.
- He should cleaning private parts whether impurity is present or not
- Then perform ablution as it is done for prayer. If standing in a place where water collects, wash the feet at the end of the bath.
- Pour water over the whole body three times.
- Start pouring water from the head.
- After that, pour the water from the right shoulder.
- Then, after pouring water on the left shoulder, pour water on the whole body three times.
- If you did not wash your feet while performing ablution, wash them now.
How to bathe in a pond or canal
The procedure for bathing in a pond or canal is as follows:
If you bathe in a river or canal, rinse first, then pour water into your nose and clean it well and by staying in it for a while, all the Sunnahs of bathing will be fulfilled. And if one bathes in ponds and pools i.e. stagnant water, then by moving the body three times or changing one’s place, Ghusl will be performed. Read on at the end Ghusl dua
Ghusl with a shower
For bathing through shower, toilet, tap and tub etc. if thoroughly rinsed and water is poured into the nose up to the soft bone. And then water is poured over the whole body at least once in such a way that no part of the body remains dry, even the hair, then the obligations of Ghusl will be paid. It is Sunnah to first wash the impurity attached to the body in the case of Ghusl-e-Wajib
Types of Ghusl
There are three types of bath:
Obligatory bath/ fard of Ghusl
Ghusl is obligatory in five cases:
- Ejaculation of semen.
- ihtalam while sleeping.
- Having sexual intercourse between a man and a woman whether semen comes out or not.
- A woman’s period is over.
- the stoppage of blood coming after the birth of a child.
Ghusl Masnoon/ Sunnah of Ghusl
It is Sunnah to perform Ghusl to pay for the following matters:
- For Friday prayer.
- For both Eid prayers.
- When putting on Ihram.
- On the day of Arafah.
Ghusl is recommended for the following:
- A person who has become a Muslim in a state of purity.
- A child who is mature in terms of age.
- After applying the lancet.
- After bathing the deceased.
- For worship in Shab-e-Barat.
- For special worship in Laylat-ul-Qadr.
- To enter Makkah.
- To enter Madinah Tayyaba.
- To stay in Muzdalifah on the Day of Sacrifice.
- For circumambulation.
- For solar eclipse prayer.
- Prayer of Istisqa
- In times of fear.
- During the dark hours of the day.
- During high winds.
Ghusl steps for Ladies
If the water reaches the roots of the head of a woman taking bath without opening her hair, then it is not necessary for her to open her hair. As the following hadith proves.
Hazrat Umm Salma said about : O Messenger of Allah, I tie a lot of hairs on my head, should I untie them for Ghusl Janabat? The Prophet (ﷺ) said: No, it is enough for you to pour water on your head only three times. Then pour water all over your body and you will be purified.
According to popular jurists, if the water does not reach the knotted hair, then it is obligatory to untie the hair.
Ghusl in Islam
While taking Ghusl, a person is generally naked, so it is not permissible to recite Quranic verses or any other prayer etc., even speaking any worldly speech is prohibited.
The person performing Ghusl should not utter any speech, even if it is a prayer, because he is in a place of impurity. In the state of nakedness (saying a word or reciting a prayer) is makrooh.