Surah number 18 in the Holy Qur’an is Surah Kahf. And this Surah is a collection of 110 verses. It is the Surah in which Allah has narrated the stories of his good friends. When they did it, the people of the town turned against them, due to which the friends of Allah left the town and went to hide in a cave.
The cave is called Kahf in Arabic, that’s why this Surah also got the name of Surah Kahf. In the hadiths, the great importance of this surah has been described, and it has also been described to read it especially on Fridays, so many Muslims must read this surah on Fridays in order to receive its blessings.
Let us tell you what are the reasons why reciting this Surah Kahf on Friday is considered important.
Hadith Related to Reading Surah Kahf on Friday
Hazrat Abu Saeed Al-Khudri narrates the Prophet’s statement about reciting Surah Kahf on Fridays: (Whoever recites Surah Al-Kahf on Friday night, a light will come between him and the Kaaba of Allah.
Similarly, in another hadith, the Prophet said: Whoever recites Surah Kahf on a Friday, from that Friday to the next Friday, a light starts to shine.
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said about the person who recites Surah Kahf on Friday: Because of this surah, a light comes and that light spreads from the feet of the reciter to the sky, He will get the light of this light in the Day of Judgment. With the blessing of this surah, the sins of the reciter are also forgiven.
Benefits of Reading in Friday surah Kahf
There are many benefits of reciting Surah Kahf on Friday, let us share a few with you:
- Because of Surah Kahf, a light comes into being between the person who recites Surah Kahf and the House of Allah, whose light will definitely benefit the reciter.
- Reciting Surah Kahf on Fridays has been declared as forgiveness of sins.
- One of the great benefits of Surah Kahf is that when the temptation of Dajjal comes before the Day of Resurrection, the person who recites Surah Kahf on Friday will be protected from the temptation of Dajjal.
- Three very important stories have been narrated in Surah Kahf. One is the story of the companions of the Kahf, and the second is the story of Hazrat Dhul-Qarnain and the third is the story of the people of Bagh.
- There is much to learn in these three events.
When I was studying in college, at that time the teacher told us that you should recite Surah Kahf on Fridays, and we used to recite Surah Kahf in the lecture of the teacher on Fridays, of course, it has many benefits. Make up your mind that you will recite this Surah Kahf on Friday.