Some people have been arranging marriage on telephone but nowadays modern media like internet is also being used for this purpose.
What is the legal status of marriage on telephone and internet? News of marriages on the telephone and on the Internet is published in the newspapers every day.
The views of scholars and muftis of Islamic countries can also be read. Some people are convinced of legitimacy and some of them are not. The real issue is the conditions of marriage.
If they are fulfilled then the marriage is permissible and if one or more of these conditions cannot be fulfilled then the marriage will not take place.
Marriage in Islam
The best way of marriage according to Shari’ah is that at least two sane and mature Muslim men or one man and two women should be called as witnesses and accepted between men and women in exchange for the dowry and the sermon should be recited.
Not only the parties but also other members and relatives should be present on the occasion of marriage. Nikah should be recited in mosques and on the occasion of marriage and marriage, tambourine, drums etc. should be played and songs of marriage and happiness should be sung. The invitation of Williama should be arranged by the husband according to his ability.
Telephone and Internet Marriage in Islam
E-mail, satellite, internet and telephone are the most modern gifts from Allah to human society in modern times. They need to be used with caution. On the one hand, the family is scattered.
Some are in Pakistan while others are based in England, USA, Japan, France and Europe, Africa and Australia for employment. The earth is shrinking and distances are shrinking. Morning here in the evening on another continent. Time is busy and opportunities are gone.
People from Pakistan and other backward areas go to Europe, America and other rich countries to earn a living, as the rest of their relatives live in the country. These people have many problems regarding the marriage of their children.
Deciding on proper ‘relationship’, ‘seeing and liking each other’, setting conditions, ‘dowry’ etc. The whole family comes and goes from one country to another, preparation of travel documents, obtaining NOC, huge reduced fares etc.
That’s why some people want boys and girls to live in their own homes. Set the terms. Once the marriage is consummated, it will be easier for the girl or boy to go out and obtain travel documents, but also to obtain the nationality and citizenship of these countries, and the parties will be able to go out shortly after the marriage.
Now the problem is to get married, boy here and girl there. How can the conditions for the presence of both and the presence of two witnesses for marriage be fulfilled?
Marriage Practical Tip
- First get the marriage forms and fill them out completely. Send the documents to the party who is out of the country for his name, address and signature.
- For example, if the boy is out then the groom, his lawyer and two witnesses of his lawyer should send out all the four marriage forms to sign at least the names, full addresses and specific places of the three of them.
- They will fill it up and send it back. Fill out the rest of the form here. Tell the boy and all three of them all the necessary information about the girl and the details of the dowry.
- The girl is here, her name, address, the name of her lawyer, the address and the names and addresses of the two witnesses who made the lawyer and get them all to sign. Then make two marriage witnesses and get their names, addresses and signatures.
- When both parties know the whole truth, place the telephone set in front of the marriage instructor. All relevant people whose names are written on the form. Sit here and there.
- Now take the marriage form in hand and ask the name of the boy on the mic in case of telephone or internet. Father’s name and also find out if he is getting married today? Which girl is she from and where is she from?
- If there is any other condition in the name of the girl’s father ‘Haq Mahr‘, he should also ask her for marriage. The speaker should be turned on so that other people can hear.
- When the boy does all these things and also gives permission for marriage, he should be asked who is his lawyer here. Who is his father, etc.
- Now get permission from the girl and marry this girl to this boy. Get the boy to answer on the telephone in front of his witnesses. At the same time, you should ask the boy’s lawyer to accept the marriage proposal.
- That is, the boy’s lawyer says that I accepted such and such a girl in exchange for such a dowry in front of these witnesses under these conditions for the marriage of such and such client.
- If there is a complete arrangement over the telephone. Let the parties know each other, the marriage will take place.
He should also use the second method of performing Nikah, in such a way that the party present will actually accept and accept it.
But the lawyer of the party who is abroad, whose name is written on the marriage form It should be here.